Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Little Flower Doily Pattern

As promised, here is my first try at a traditional doily pattern. In my last post, you saw several versions, using different yarns, needle sizes and starts. Please refer to that post for final dimensions. The pattern is in three pages, with page one being the cheese-cake shot of my finished doily relaxing after a firm blocking. I didn't use starch, but if I wanted the doily to really hold her shape well, I would...actually, I wanted to use starch but I didn't have any in the house.
The second page of the pattern lists the basic materials. Again, I refer you to my previous post with the Little Flower label, where you can see how the doily looks with several different yarn and needle choices. Use whatever you have available. The instructions follow, and are very basic, with most of the real "meat" being in the chart. The chart is my version of a typical doily chart. There are no fancy needle-moves. If you use the key from page two I trust it will all make good sense! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I will be back in a few days with an update on what is on my needles, and maybe I will get around to showing you all my new fiber goodies...let's see what I have time for.

I remind everyone that I am unable to post PDF files on my blog. I can only post JPG files. Click on each picture and either print it out or save it. The first and third pages are in landscape and the second page is in portrait, so print accordingly. Knit on!

11 comments:

  1. You do such lovely work! I saw a picture on Ravelry and was stunned by the beauty and the workmanship - congratulations on creating this design, and many thanks for your generosity in sharing it with other knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally adorable and beautifully knitted! Thanks so much for sharing your work--it is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Congrats on a wonderful finish and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really beautiful and such a lot of work! Thank you for letting us try this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this beautiful pattern! I already printed it and am ready to give it a go!
    love and hugs
    Melly

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful! the doily bug suits you just fine! you truly are a talented person. (smiles)dani

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLA ,BELLOS TRABAJOS GRACIAS POR TAMBIEN ENSEÑAR .

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! Congrats on a wonderful finish and thanks so much for sharing! i like so much. flowers Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a beginner knitter. I don't understand how to read your chart. Where do I start? Do I read it left to right, or top to bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. You just do not know how long I have wished for a delicate looking KNIT Doily pattern!!

    ReplyDelete